Wednesday 5 May 2010

It Worries Me….

ItWorriesMe

This weekend was Chris’ birthday, a stark reminder to me that I’ll be 40 in six months time, and it worries me that I’ll be fat, forty and not as fit as I could be.  I have six months to change that, starting now.

Three months ago Chris & I talked about me taking up running, with him coaching me. He’s been quite a serious runner in the past so is something of an expert in these matters. Apparently if I want to avoid injury it’s not just a case of pop on your trainers, open the door and go.  There is all this warm up and warm down business as well.   Well, with one thing and another – or rather a stream of nasty colds and chesty coughs, I haven’t been able to start.     Well, it started on Sunday with my first run along the local canal.  I did better than I expected, but OMG do I ache.  Did I mention how much pain I am in?! I ache like I have never ached in my life!  I used to go to a gym three to four times a week, but it never made me ache this much.  It really is a full body workout and I’m looking forward to my next run.  If nothing else I’m intrigued as to how well I’ll be able to walk afterwards! LOL.

IMG_6929

So, as any scrapbooker does, I have created a layout to record my worries about turning 40 with a nice shot of my trainers, so that whatever happens I’ll remember the moment.  Hope you like it. 

Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Kirsti said...

This is a great milestone to reach(take it from one who knows!!!)...and I love that shot of your trainers - I have some before and after shots of my trainers from when I did the Edinburgh MoonWalk a couple of years ago....xox

Jackie xxx said...

Great layout Vicki - hope your aches and pains are getting less each day. Good luck with your programme.

Jenny said...

Hope the aches have gone now. Good luck with it :)

Jules said...

Love the layout, and best of luck with the fitness regime!

Claire said...

Gorgeous LO Vicki, great way to use up all that GoGo stash

Ann said...

Lovely idea for a layout. I like the colours you've used too. I saw this quote this week that you might like. It made me smile -
‘I'd love to go to the gym, but I just can't get my head around the footwear’ (Victoria Beckham).

stressed said...

great layout and dont worry about turning 40 i turned 50 last year, then you need to worry! (stressed) UKS

Allycat x said...

Well done for starting the running! Rather you than me hun!!!

lisa said...

It's not so bad turning 40, honest. I think the thought of it is worst that when it actually happens.
Your LO, is stunning, what a great photo.
Lisax