Tuesday 26 March 2013

ten minute tuesdays

A quick little catch up on my ten minutes play time projects. 

This week, it's more journal play. 
I've only got as far as a background on this page, but the more I look at it the more I like it. I know (I can hear Dina Wakley over my shoulder....) "Don't get attached to your background, it's just a background!". But the honest fact is I do, and sometime they just stay like that and I do nothing more with them for a very long time. 


 This page has been done super quick with color wash spray and oil pastels, then sealed.
I wasn't sure how the oils would sit over the color wash. I was worried about them smearing, but it was all good in the end.  I've probably banged on about these Sennelier oil pastels before, but I adore them. I really should play with them more. They are the best, like little stick of butter. Worth every penny in my humble opinion. 



Next a quick sketch on another page. 

If I'm honest I'm not sure I should share this. It's been a while since I drew a face. Please forgive me. I clearly need to get back into the habit. Although that makes me sound like I was once someone who was more than half good at it...ha ha, I wish, but I have a go.


This was on a background of mop ups already in my journal, so all I've done is add some extra stencilling using 6x6 Circle Explosion Crafters Workshop stencil. I do love circles! 



That's it, my ten minutes sessions from the last week.  Now I need to round up the kids and drag them out, hopefully for more than ten minutes for they can burn off some energy.  That way I may get another ten minutes later.  I think this face could be my "thing" to work on this week. 

Happy Creating!  
And don't forget to share your ten minutes with me. I'd love to see. 

10 comments:

Suzy said...

What an inspired idea. I always claim never to have the time to sit down and create but surely to goodness even I could squeeze in a ten minute play

I will have a go and join you I think

That first background is lush - Im not surprised you dont want to cover it up

I wish I could draw faces but no dice - yours is great

Gez Butterworth said...

Great post Vicki.. what fantastic artwork..love, love, love your background, no wonder you don't want to cover it up, thank goodness, it's not just me who does that!!! Have fun working on your portrait, she is gorgeous also, can't wait to see her finished xx

Paula Whittaker said...

cant wait to see the next instalment.

whyducks said...

So pretty, love the colours!

Ginger said...

I find it hard to cover backgrounds sometimes and yours is pretty lush. I always have a pile of tags all backgrounds, and I done cover them for ages, its hard sometimes to find the right things for a certain background, and if you leave it sitting long enough you do get there in the end. I think slowly is best sometimes, but then I do craft at the pace of a snail lol.

Jennie Atkinson said...

Fantastic background - the colours and textures are just super. I am so pleased that I am not the only one to keep "backgrounds" I like.

Look forward to seeing the development of the portrait. It looks good to me!

Ali said...

Oooh my I *love* that background too! I'd just sit and look at it for hours instead of putting something over it! :lol:

Your drawing is good too! Can't wait to see how it looks when finished. :)

Ali

jaine drake said...

It looks as though ten minutes is more than enough to create something beautiful. Your face is brilliant.

Sue Jones said...

Fab!! Love the colours of your background

Traceyr said...

I think you have draw your face extremely well . . can't wait to see how it turns out.

:)