Monday 2 September 2013

summertime photography scavenger hunt…

I’ve revisited the list this morning and realised I haven't really casually come across many items on the list. Still got a couple of weeks to find some more, now that the kids are about to go back to school and the daily grind kicks back in… ahem, we shall see what happens. Maybe I should carry the list – revise with it to help me remember! Maybe it will turn in to an Autumn scavenger hunt list..

So, from our trip to Crete I present…
Item No 5 “a sunset”
   IMG_1755
IMG_1758
We drove for an hour and a half along some stomach churning roads – think lorries, narrow, sheer drops…on our side, to get these.  We sat in a lovely taverna on the beach and watched the sun go down. I have a few shots of it slowly going down. After a day on the beach it was a lovely end to the day.

Not quite Item No. 11: An animal in a zoo, aquarium, nature preserve, etc
I say not quite because we haven’t been near a zoo, aquarium, nature reserve or an etc for this one. So this is one of the critter that shared the pool at our villa with us.
IMG_1690
This is where I really regretted not taking my DSLR with me, just my compact. Crawling round on my knees trying to get as close as possible with the sun shining in my eyes for hours!
How’s your scavenger hunt going?  Don’t forget to pop across to see Rinda’s blog and add yourself to the list.  She has some fabulous photo’s from the list.
Tatty bye for now then!
Vicki

8 comments:

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

I must have missed you on the earlier link up Rinda did, Vicki. I've got a few left to capture, but we've got a few weeks left yet :o)

Maria Ontiveros said...

These are both spectacular.
Thanks for linking up!
Rinda

Andy said...

Beautiful sunset photographs. Andy

Missus Wookie said...

Gorgeous dragonfly and sunset, have fun looking for more on the list :)

glitterandglue said...

Lovely dragonfly picture. Well done.
Margaret (glitterandglue)

Textile Recycler said...

I love that fly close-up!

Fran said...

super photos. UKS Hedgie

Fran said...

super photos UKS Hedgie